Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) is a national charity that helps maintain and improve mental health for all Canadians. As the province-wide leader and champion for mental health, Canadian Mental Health Association of New Brunswick (CMHA of NB) helps people access the community resources they need to build resilience and support recovery from mental illness.
The Administrative Assistant will work as part of a team to assist with implementing the operational plan and assist with the coordination of the 2020 education programs and services provided by CMHA of NB within the greater Saint John area. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide reception and office support and respond to administrative needs
- Support, plan and coordinate education programs, awareness initiatives and fundraising initiatives
- Research and development of best practices
- Promotion of mental health at wellness fairs and community events
- Develop promotional collateral to promote the programs and services
The Administrative Assistant will be required to support staff in enhancing the overall profile of CMHA of NB Saint John office.
Education: Social Work, Psychology, Nursing, Business.
Required: Criminal Record Check
The Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Program Coordinator, CMHA of NB Saint John office
This is a Canada Summer Jobs position. Therefore, the applicant must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- Be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- Be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
Total Hours: 280 hours during regular business hours (Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
Salary: $11.70 / Hour
Please forward cover letter, resume and three references by e-mail to: email@example.com, or by fax to (506) 633-2892 no later than August 14th.
We appreciate your application, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.