The Canadian Mental Health Association of New Brunswick Inc (CMHA of NB) is a part of a nationwide, voluntary organization that promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness. CMHA of NB accomplishes this mission through advocacy, education, research, and service. CMHA of NB is guided by the values of self-determination, social justice, integrity, and respect. CMHA of NB believes strongly in workplace wellness, we encourage self-care, flexibility, and a healthy work-life balance.
About the job:
The Office Manager will be the first point of contact for the CMHA of NB Fredericton Office. The Office Manager will provide administrative support to the organization, members of the management team and office visitors by handling a variety of tasks to ensure that all interactions between the organization and others are positive and productive.
We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management and visitors by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, taking registrations and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
Candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. They must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication in both official languages. Most importantly, they should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
- Provide administrative support to the organization
- As the first point of contact for the organization, green the public in a positive manner (telephone, e-mail, and in-person) with their inquiries
- Remain educated on community resources and all CMHA of NB programming
- Refer the public to the appropriate resources and/or programs
- Assist participants with program registrations and ensure accurate information for the participant management database
- Maintain a sufficient inventory of office supplies and program materials
- Create and/or update databases and distribution lists for programs
- Work with internal communications team on program promotion
- Maintain cleanliness of office space
- Assist with meeting planning as needed
- Actively participate in team meetings
- Perform other related duties as assigned by direct supervisor
You will have a combination of relevant education and work experience. Additional skills and experience are as follows:
- Bilingualism is mandatory
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English
- Excellent computer literacy skills (MS Office 365 / Databases)
- Strong organization abilities
- Ability to ensure the security and confidentiality of participant information and records
- Effective interpersonal skills, ability to problem solve, use good judgement and work independently
- Awareness/sensitivity to all types of issues related to participant diversity
- Flexibility and ability to adapt creatively in a variety of situations
- A recent satisfactory criminal record and vulnerable sector check is required
- The work location is CMHA of New Brunswick, Fredericton office
- The usual workweek is 37.5 hours
- Flexible working hours may be required
- Some limited travel is expected
How to apply
Please apply by submitting your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials by email to email@example.com . Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
CMHA of NB is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the New Brunswickers we serve. As an equal opportunity employer, we actively support workplace equity for all persons, and are committed to including and reflecting the population we serve. CMHA of NB encourages applicants to identify as belonging to one of the designated groups of the Employment Equity Act. Preference shall be given to those who demonstrate they are among the most qualified as stated above.
We thank all those who apply; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
The Canadian Mental Health Association of New Brunswick is committed to mental health for all and helping improve the lives of New Brunswickers every day.