The Canadian Mental Health Association of New Brunswick (CMHA of NB) is part of a nationwide, voluntary organization that promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness. CMHA of NB accomplishes this mission through advocacy, education, research and service.
The Community Education Coordinator (CEC) will report directly to the Manager of Programs. The CEC’s main responsibilities include; delivering core presentations, facilitating provincial programs, coordinating group programming, organizing anti-stigma awareness activities, developing community partnerships and promoting CMHA of NB programs and services.
- Degree or diploma in Education, Psychology, Human Services or a related field
- Bilingualism (English and French) is required
- Experience working within the non-profit sector is an asset
- Solid public speaking and experience facilitating programs in both English and French
- Networking and interagency cooperation
- Knowledge of the New Brunswick Mental Health System is an asset
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Flexibility to travel within the region on a regular basis and within the province when required, should possess valid driver’s license, with access to a vehicle
The successful candidate will possess the following professional competencies: adaptability; ability to build relationships and foster teamwork; communicate effectively; provide advocacy; have experience being in a supportive role; ability to make decisions and problem solve; demonstrate creativity; critical thinking and integrity.
The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies: ability to use Microsoft Office technology, software and applications; project management skills; excellent organizational, planning, and time management; ability to establish priorities and work independently; attention to detail and accuracy.
Full time position 37.5 hours/week
Please forward cover-letter, resume and three reference by email to email@example.com or fax to (506) 459-3878
Closing Date: Friday, February 14, 2020
We appreciate your application, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.