Development Officer – Major Gifts and Volunteers
The Canadian Mental Health Association of New Brunswick Inc. is seeking a Development Officer – Major Gifts and Volunteers. Reporting to the Director of Communications. The Development Officer is community-minded and responsible for seeking out, developing and maintaining potential grand giver annual donations from individuals, businesses, corporations and financial agencies. The Development Officer is keen to cultivate on-going relationships with financial advisers, lawyers, insurance providers, bequests, etc. Have a strong working knowledge of raising funds or otherwise solicit and gather monetary donations or other gifts for our organization. And be responsible for advancing the mission of CMHA of NB by fostering strong relationship with friends and donors. In addition, the Development Officer will develop and manage volunteer resources to support the various activities within the organization. This includes developing and evaluating a volunteer screening program, training staff and community volunteers, maintaining an accurate database, developing policies and procedures, developing and implementing a volunteer recognition program, and ensuring volunteers have the tools, knowledge and skills to carry out their duties.
Experience, skills, and abilities:
- University degree or college diploma in Business or equivalent major gift experience
- Minimum 5 years of extensive relationship building experience in a fundraising environment
- Bilingualism is essential (French and English)
- Ability to maximize funding from donors
- Plan income-generating activities with income targets
- Research and build relationship with potential donors
- Familiarity with current volunteer management practices considered an asset
- Experience with databases is an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Superior time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in the non-profit sector
- Be a motivated and creative individual who can work independently and as par of a team
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Leadership and team-building skills with the ability to be flexible and adaptable
The Development Officer works in an office environment and may be required to work in non-standard workplaces; usually a standard work week (37.5 hours) and may be required to work evenings and weekends to meet organizational needs. This is a full time position located in Moncton.
The Development Officer is required to have a valid driver’s license for regular travel within the province.
The successful completion of a criminal records check and vulnerable sector check.
$19.30 per hour, 37.5 hours per week.
- Must be unemployed and be residing in New Brunswick or be willing to establish residency in New Brunswick
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in the last four years
- Must not be an immediate family member of the employer (spouse, child, parent, sibling), nor can they be an officer of a director of the organization or an immediate family member of an officer or director
How to Apply
Please forward cover-letter, resume and three references to:
Fax: 506 459-3878
Mail: CMHA of New Brunswick Inc, Attention: Personnel Selection Committee, 403 Regent St, Suite 202, Fredericton NB E3B 3X6
Closing Date: April 12, 2019
We appreciate your application, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.