The Canadian Mental Health Association of New Brunswick (CMHA of NB)
CMHA of NB is part of a nationwide, voluntary organization that promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness. CMHA of NB accomplishes this mission through advocacy, education, research, and service. CMHA of NB is guided by the values of self-determination, social justice, integrity, and respect. CMHA of NB believes strongly in workplace wellness, encourages self-care, flexibility, and a healthy work-life balance.
About the position
CMHA of NB is seeking a Manager of Programs to provide effective leadership to a team of Community Program Coordinators and provide clinical support to a team of BounceBack Coaches.
The Manager of Programs will directly supervise a team of 14 Community Program Coordinators throughout the province. They will ensure that provincial programming runs smoothly and efficiently, that it meets the needs of the public and that organizational targets are being met. They will develop, brand, and facilitate programs in both official languages. Regular travel throughout the province is a requirement in order to monitor program delivery, supervise employees and meet with key community partners.
BounceBack is a self-guided, skills-building program designed to help adults and youth 15+ manage low mood, mild to moderate depression, anxiety, stress or worry. Delivered over the phone with a coach, participants receive access to tools that will support them on their path to mental wellness. This position will be responsible for providing clinical support and risk management oversight to BounceBack coaches in New Brunswick.
- Providing ongoing clinical consultation to BounceBack coaches regarding appropriate and effective program delivery including:
- Reviewing recorded coach/participant telephone support sessions and providing feedback and case consultation during scheduled group and individual teleconferences.
- Monitoring and responding to coach inquiries regarding participants appropriateness and risk assessment and management.
- Complete annual coach rating forms for BounceBack coaches.
- Provide training and professional development sessions to CMHA of NB employees.
- Attend meetings related to training, oversight, and professional development.
- Build partnerships with community stakeholders and leaders.
- Manage contracts and agreements to ensure all requirements are fulfilled.
- Accomplish strategic objectives by overseeing multiple program activities.
- Manage human resource goals by recruiting, training, and coaching Community Program Coordinators.
- Communicate job expectations by planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions.
- Achieve operational objections by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and review and preparing and completing action plans.
- Implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards by resolving problems, completing audits, identifying trends, determining system improvements, and implementing change.
- Enhance the organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Education & Qualifications
- Post Graduate Degree in Health or Social Sciences, specialized in counselling.
- Master of Social Work is preferred.
- Certification in Cognitive and Behavioural Therapies (CBT), particularly in the specialty areas of anxiety, depression, and stress, would be an asset.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in delivering CBT.
- Delivering or supervising a program based on CBT is an asset.
- Experience working in a supervisory capacity with responsibility for performance appraisals.
- Demonstrating ability to train and support staff.
- Experience developing and delivering educational and therapeutic based programming.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of CBT methodologies.
- Knowledge of the NB mental health system and the BounceBack program.
- Expert working knowledge of Microsoft O365 is required.
- Bilingual (French & English) is mandatory.
- Strong coalition and relationship-building skill to strengthen trust among individuals.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision in a possible remote work setting.
- Capability to work independently and within group dynamics as required.
- Innovative thinker with strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proficient critical and analytical thinking, problem solving and judgement abilities.
- Highly motivated and passionate about mental health and anti-oppressive work.
- A new criminal record and vulnerable sector check is required for employment.
- The Manager of Program can work from any location in New Brunswick.
- The usual work week is 37.5 hours.
- Flexible working hours including weekday evenings is a requirement.
- Some travel throughout the province is required.
- Working in a variety of settings or in partnership with other health agencies is required.
Please apply by submitting your resume, cover letter and salary requirements in PDF format. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
CMHA of NB is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the New Brunswickers we serve. As an equal opportunity employer, we actively support workplace equity for all persons, and are committed to including and reflecting the population we serve. CMHA of NB encourages applicants to identify as belonging to one of the designated groups of the Employment Equity Act. Preference shall be given to those who demonstrate they are among the most qualified as stated above. Employment Equity Act.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We promote a scent-reduced environment
We are an equal opportunity employer.
The Canadian Mental Health Association of New Brunswick is committed to mental health for all and helping improve the lives of New Brunswickers every day.