30 hours per week.
The Canadian Mental Health Association of New Brunswick Inc. (CMHA of NB) is part of a nationwide, voluntary organization that promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness. CMHA of NB accomplishes this mission through advocacy, education, research and service. CMHA of NB is guided by the values of self-determination, social justice, integrity and respect. CMHA of NB believes strongly in workplace wellness, we encourage self-care, flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
CMHA of NB in partnership with the Department of Health is seeking a Peer Support Consultant in our Moncton office. The Peer Support Consultant will collaborate with people have lived experiences with addiction and mental illness to regain control over their own lives and support them in their recovery process. More specifically, as part of their work, they must disclose that they are experiencing or have experienced mental health or addiction issues. By sharing their experiencing and recovery history, they are seeking to bring renewed hope, serve as role models, and provide inspiration, support, and information to people who are going through situations similar to the ones they went through.
- Facilitation of the Certified Peer Support training
- Promotion of Peer Support program, training and outcomes
- Collaboration and execution of professional development for Certified Peer Supports
- Collaboration of on-going training review, evaluation, and updating
- Participation on application review selection committee
- Develop training for community and peer supports working outside of the Regional Health Authorities (RHA)
- Development of community education tools (presentations, information sheets/brochures, etc.) for community-based peer support information.
- Network with local stakeholders and participate on local committees
- Provide support to peer supports working within Horizon and Vitalité Health Networks
- Report statistics, program developments and progress the Manager of Research and Quality Assurance
- Development of newsletters to be distributed
The successful candidate will possess the following personal competencies: ability to use their own experience with addiction and mental health issues appropriately and positively to help other peers and bring new hope; have received (past or present) formal Addiction and Mental Health Services; be willing to disclose their personal history in relation to the problems encountered; is well advanced in their recovery process and has regained functional stability and independence for at least two years.
The successful candidate will possess the following professional competencies: adaptability; ability to build relationships and foster teamwork; communicate effectively; provide advocacy; have experience being in a supportive role, ability to make decisions and problem solve, demonstrate creativity, critical thinking and integrity.
The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies: ability to use Microsoft office technology, software and applications; project management skills; excellent organizational, planning time management and leadership skills; ability to establish priorities and work independently; attention to detail and accuracy; knowledge of budgeting.
- Bilingualism mandatory – Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English.
- Graduate of the Certified Peer Support Training (CPST) or successful completion of CPST upon hiring is a requirement to maintain employment.
- Excellent group training facilitator
- Flexibility to travel when required and access to transportation
- Flexible schedule, some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Valid Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check.
Please apply by submitting your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible by email to email@example.com or by fax to (506) 459-3878. Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
CMHA of NB is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications; however, only those selected for pre-screening and interviews will be contacted.