The Canadian Mental Health Assocition of New Brunswick (CMHA of NB)
CMHA of NB is part of a nationwide, voluntary organization that promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness. CMHA of NB accomplishes this mission through advocacy, education, research and service. CMHA of NB is guided by the values of self-determination, social justice, integrity and respect. CMHA of NB believes strongly in workplace wellness, we encourage self-care, flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
About the Position
CMHA of NB is seeking a Research Analyst to support programming, data collection, data analysis, and reporting. The Research Analyst will work closely with the Senior Management Team on a variety of projects. The main responsibility of the Research Analyst will be to collect data from provincial programs, analyze the data to ensure that targets are being met, prepare reports and deliver presentations for decision makers. Under the leadership of the Director of Operations, the Research Analyst will help organize, analyze, and share internal evaluation data to support the teams at CMHA of NB. The ideal candidate will have passion for education, experience collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data, and demonstrated research communication skills.
Play a supporting role by managing data collection, database management, and data analysis for multiple ongoing programs/projects.
- Conduct reviews and evaluation of current data collection processes and make recommendations for improvements.
- Gather qualitative and quantitative data through surveys, interviews, observations, focus groups, etc.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data.
- Manage databases and prepare quantitative data files so they are ready for analysis.
- Manage transcription of interviews and focus groups.
- Use qualitative data analysis software to identify and categorize content from transcripts and open-ended survey responses and create a mechanism for non-researchers to easily find and harvest quotes for communications purposes.
- Conduct data analysis.
- Coordinate data collection and research-related activities.
- Contribute date charts, tables, and visualizations to comprehensive interim and final reports for Senior Management, Board of Directors and Community Stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology, research methods, education policy, public policy, economics, or a related discipline with strong research emphasis.
- 2+ years experience conducting research.
- Bilingualism (French and English) mandatory.
- Expertise in qualitative data collection and analytical methods is a must.
- Experience with quantitative data analysis and software packages strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to create organized processes for storing and managing data.
- Effective problem-solving skills in order to devise and enact solutions to organizational problems or potential issues.
- Effective written and verbal communication are key; preparing reports and delivering presentations.
- Ability to communicate complex/technical information for general audiences.
- Strong team collaboration skills; work with teams to support organizational activities and operations.
- Ability to travel as needed.
At CMHA of NB, we also seek candidates with:
- Stellar organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage competing tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions.
- A passion for mental health, a team mentality, creativity, and a positive attitude.
Please apply by submitting your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible by e-mail to email@example.com or by fax to (506) 459-3878. Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
CMHA of NB is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications; however, only those selected for pre-screening and interviews will be contacted.