Full-Time (32 hours/week)
The Canadian Mental Health Association of New Brunswick Inc. (CMHA of NB) is part of a nationwide, voluntary organization that promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness. CMHA of NB accomplishes this mission through advocacy, education, research, and service. CMHA of NB is guided by the values of self-determination, social justice, integrity, and respect. CMHA of NB believes strongly in workplace wellness, we encourage self-care, flexibility, and a healthy work-life balance.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are looking for a talented Senior Executive Assistant to join our team, providing professional support to the Executive Director and leadership team. You are respectful, resourceful, collaborative and have an energetic-style and positive attitude aligned with our mission and vision. You must be known for building strong relationships, have expert-level verbal and written communication skills in both official languages, be well-organized, and have great time management skills. Most importantly, you should have a genuine desire
to meet the needs of others.
▪ Serves as a focal point of contact between the leadership team, staff, clients, public and other external partners, and organizations.
▪ Manage the Executive Director’s active schedule, with expertise in prioritizing and managing competing priorities and deadlines.
▪ Monitor, screen, direct and respond to incoming communications and correspondence on behalf of the leadership team.
▪ Manage the flow of information in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring the leadership team is kept apprised of issues, operations, activities, and other significant matters.
▪ Format information for internal and external communications such as memos, emails, presentations, and reports.
▪ Assist with researching, analyzing and compiling data on a variety of operational and other matters.
▪ Assist in planning and preparation of materials for Board of Directors and other leadership meetings, including creation of meeting agendas, materials, and documentation of meeting minutes.
▪ Act as a liaison to the Board of Directors.
▪ Act as a representative for the Executive Director and leadership team as required.
▪ Coordinate travel and accommodation arrangements.
▪ Assist with the processing of travel and office expenses.
▪ Remain educated on community resources and all CMHA of NB programming.
▪ Maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
▪ Perform other related duties as assigned.
You will have a combination of relevant education and work experience. Additional skills and experience are as follows:
▪ Bilingualism is mandatory (English/French)
▪ Professional, compassionate, and non-judgmental verbal and written communication skills.
▪ Excellent computer literacy skills (MS Office365 / Databases).
▪ Exhibit sound judgement with the ability to prioritize and make decisions under pressure.
▪ Strong organizational abilities with a meticulous eye for detail and accuracy.
▪ Ability to ensure the security and confidentiality of information.
▪ Highly skilled at developing and maintaining collaborative relationships.
▪ Empathetic towards persons of diverse backgrounds and lived experiences, always providing a positive, supportive, and enthusiastic point of contact.
▪ Demonstrated competence in understanding cultural diversity and works effectively with individuals with various cultural backgrounds.
▪ Effective interpersonal and team skills, ability to problem solve, use good judgement, and work independently.
▪ Flexibility and ability to adapt creatively in a variety of situations.
▪ Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
▪ A recent satisfactory criminal record and vulnerable sector check is required.
▪ Workplace First Aid /CPR certification or willingness to be trained
ABOUT OUR WORKING CONDITIONS:
▪ The work location is CMHA of New Brunswick, Fredericton office.
▪ This is a full time position, usual work week is 32 hours with occasional requirement for flexible working hours.
▪ Limited travel is expected and access to reliable transportation is necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter in one PDF file to email@example.com. Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
CMHA of NB is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the New Brunswickers we serve. As an equal opportunity employer, we actively support workplace equity for all persons, and are committed to including and reflecting the population we serve. CMHA of NB encourages applicants to identify as belonging to one of the designated groups of the Employment Equity Act. Preference shall be given to those who demonstrate they are among the most qualified as stated above.
We thank all those who apply; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
The Canadian Mental Health Association of New Brunswick is committed to mental health for all and helping improve the lives of New Brunswickers every day.