This six-week skill-based program is designed to introduce you to the benefits and practice of mindfulness in your everyday life and to teach you the basics of mindfulness meditation.
Mindfulness is an approach to self-care that encourages us to connect with our mind, body and spirit. Mindfulness is a non-judgmental way of paying attention in the present moment to what is happening within us and around us. When we pay attention in this way, we see things more clearly and develop a greater understanding of why things are the way they are. Mindfulness takes you out of your same old patterns. You are no longer battling your mind in the boxer’s ring – you are watching, with interest, from the stands. The detachment doesn’t lead to passivity, but to new ways of thinking. This is especially helpful in anxiety and depression, which plagues sufferers with relentless ruminations.
Participants will learn how to practice mindfulness to calm the mind and to improve both mental and physical health. Each week, new mindfulness techniques will be taught and practiced within the group setting.
The goals of Mindfulness are to learn:
- Practical skills to calm your mind and increase concentration.
- To have an increased ability to regulate our emotions.
- Systematic ways of changing negative thought patterns.
- Methods to reduce stress and pain, both physical and emotional.
- Ways to connect with our body, mind and spirit.
- To cultivate kindness and compassion towards self and others.
- Inner peace.
Participants are asked to do homework each day to learn and practice the techniques of mindfulness.
Program Length: 6 weeks, 2 hours per session
Next Start Date:
To be announced.
For more information please call 633-1705 or email email@example.com