The Canadian Mental Health Association of New Brunswick (CMHA of NB) is part of a nationwide, voluntary organization that promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness. CMHA of NB accomplishes this mission through advocacy, education, research, and service. CMHA of NB is guided by the values of self-determination, social justice, integrity, and respect. CMHA of NB believes strongly in workplace wellness, encourages self-care, flexibility, and a healthy work-life balance.
CMHA of NB is seeking a Community Program Coordinator in the Edmundston area. The Community Program Coordinator’s main responsibilities include:
- Delivering presentations on mental health and wellness, virtually and in-person.
- Bilingualism (French/English) is preferred.
- Facilitating provincial programs.
- Coordinating educational and therapeutic based programming.
- Planning anti-stigma awareness activities.
- Representing CMHA of NB on community committees.
- Participating in internal sub-committees.
- Attending regular team meetings, training, and professional development sessions.
- Building partnerships with community stakeholders.
- Monthly reporting and monitoring to ensure targets are met.
Education & Experience
- Degree or diploma in Education, Psychology, Human Services, or a related field.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience delivering educational programming.
- Knowledge of the NB mental health system and CMHA of NB programs is an asset.
- Expert working knowledge of Microsoft O365 is required.
- Bilingualism (French & English) is mandatory.
- Strong relationship-building skills to strengthen trust among individuals.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Professional, compassionate, and non-judgmental communication skills.
- Highly adaptable and flexible, while managing multiple priorities.
- Capability to work independently and within group dynamics.
- Innovative thinker with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient critical and analytical thinking, problem solving and judgement abilities.
- Highly motivated and passionate about mental health and anti-oppressive work.
- Empathy towards persons of diverse backgrounds and lived experiences, always providing a positive, supportive, and enthusiastic point of contact.
- A new criminal record and vulnerable sector check is required for employment.
- The usual work week is 37.5 hours.
- Flexible working hours including weekday evenings is a requirement.
- Some travel throughout the province is required.
- Working in a variety of settings or in partnership with other health agencies is required.
Please apply by submitting your resume, cover letter and salary requirements in PDF format. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible by e-mail to email@example.com. Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
CMHA of NB is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the New Brunswickers we serve. As an equal opportunity employer, we actively support workplace equity for all persons, and are committed to including and reflecting the population we serve. CMHA of NB encourages applicants to identify as belonging to one of the designated groups of the Employment Equity Act. Preference shall be given to those who demonstrate they are among the most qualified as stated above. Employment Equity Act
We thank all those who apply; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
The Canadian Mental Health Association of New Brunswick is committed to mental health for all and helping improve the lives of New Brunswickers every day.